Nine bodies, a cursed relic linked to a Christmas Eve prophecy, and no suspects. While homicide detective Sam Harper hunts down the guilty, YOU can track the clues in “The Devil Can Wait” for a chance to win an autographed copy of “Silenced Cry,” the book that launched the Sam Harper Crime Mystery series and received honorable mention at the 2008 New York Book Fair.
If you’re up to the challenge, just follow these five easy steps and submit your entry by Christmas Eve 2008.
1) Read Sam Harper’s note titled “From the Desk of Detective Harper” that is posted on the home page of my website.
2) Throughout this article are quotes taken directly from the second book in the Sam Harper Crime Mystery series, “The Devil Can Wait” -- one quote for each week of Harper’s case. Keep in mind that the book is written in 3rd person and this article is written in first, thus some variance applies.
3) E-mail your answers to: http://email@example.com by midnight on December 24, 2008, with the following information:
- Write down each quote and the page number where you found it in the book. Both items must be included to be eligible.
- Send me a picture in jpg format of yourself holding my book. Please include your first name (last name optional) and tell me where the picture was taken (city and/or state or country). The picture of your smiling face holding this great book will be posted on the photo gallery of fans on my website.
4) Hey, but this isn’t all about me! If you are a published author, feel free to include the name of your book and a link to your website or blog for a bit of cross promotion!
5) HAVE FUN!
Everyone who accurately lists, 1) all the quotes and 2) the page numbers where the quotes are found in “The Devil Can Wait” will receive a free e-book of “Silenced Cry.” And don't forget to send me your photograph holding my book!
One name will be drawn from this group of winners to receive an autographed copy of “Silenced Cry” along with other cool stuff to enhance your next reading experience! The winners will be announced on December 31, by direct e-mail. The winners’ names will also be posted on my website.
“Silenced Cry” ~ Honorable mention at the 2008 New York Book Festival, top ten in the 2007 Preditors & Editors Reader Poll.
Purchasing Information for:
“The Devil Can Wait”
The paperback is available from online shops like B&N, BAM, Borders, Amazon, or your favorite neighborhood shop (just give them the ISBN number). Autographed copies are also available directly from me (while my supply lasts) by writing to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make the subject of your e-mail: A Christmas Murder Scavenger Hunt.
The e-book is available at:
Good luck and feel free to share this post with the mystery lovers in your life!