Tuesday, July 11, 2006

I've been working on the same book for nearly two years now. Three-four hours a day, every day, seven days a week--more on the weekends for nearly two years. In seven months it's grown from 22,000 words to over 82,000. No wonder I'm feeling a little burned out at the moment.

I've managed to do the final edit of the first twelve chapters. Only thirty-six more to go. I'm really getting anxious to get it out of my sight. Unfortunately, there have been too many distractions recently. Mostly e-mails and posts in the different author forums I just can't seem to resist.

Something new: I've discovered that I can pound out 80,000-90,000 words and have to stop myself, but I can't seem to get through a three paragraph query letter. Why is that? Gee, can't wait until I have to work on the synopsis. :)

1 comment:

A.M. Schinske said...

Hey Tj, found your post in my blog. Just wanted to say "hi" and welcome you to the forums back at WD! Good luck on that book of yours.

-Fantasy