Thursday, February 18, 2010

2010: Days 47 & 48 And Life Goes On

Okay, when I walk away, I tend to keep going but with a good excuse. Life, life, and more life.

I'll admit that last week I felt a bit on the drained side. I was working on edits of Shroud of Lies which were going better than I expected but I got to the point where the writing felt forced. I know better than to keep going. I'm giving myself at least two weeks to get all the old words out of my head so I can get back to it with a fresh pair of eyes.

In the meantime, and I can hardly believe I'm saying this, but I drafted the synopsis for a romantic suspense novel. I'm somewhat excited about this--think it has potential. I never thought I'd find myself in this situation but it's entirely possible that I'll be juggling between the two manuscripts at one time. Can she do it??  Time will tell.

In the midst of my writing dilemma, I'm sponsoring a new fantasy author, Janie Franz on a two-week virtual book tour through my Novel Works blog.  The tour begins on Monday, February 22 and ends on Saturday, March 6.  Franz's full tour schedule will posted on February 22. Hope you'll stop by and leave a comment.

On March 2, I'm hosting author Paul Harris during his virtual tour on Murder By 4 and will post his interview on Novel Works on Thursday, March 4.

Every night I go home with the best intensions to write, but end up doing "business" instead and that's okay for now.  I started reading Paul's book, THE SECRET KEEPER and I'm anxious to get back to it. More tomorrow!

No comments: