Friday, February 24, 2012

The First Fourteen Days

It's two weeks today that I began chemo treatment. I'm actually feeling okay. Although I do feel a little more tired in the evening, I've had a very productive week at work.

I noticed the first big change this morning when I washed my hair ... a significant clump of hair (a good handful) in the drain.

I was hoping that I'd be one of the many people I'd heard of who didn't lose their hair. Evidently it's not to be. Fortunately I have a thick head of hair so maybe it won't be too obvious right away.

So ... I'm thinking it's time to shop for wigs--have a little fun with it. Will also have to invest in several bottles of drain cleaner.

In the whole scheme of things, this is just one more hurdle to deal with. A small price to pay though for the peace of mind that all will be well. June can't come fast enough.

The next treatment is March 2, 2012.

2 comments:

J D Webb said...

Try the wig company. TWC.com My wife has worn wigs for over 40 years. They are wonderful. If you need advice on how to wear them or tricks she's learned, I'll pass them on. The cheaper wigs are just as good as the more expensive. Don't waste money.
Keeping up the prayers.

Marta Stephens said...

Hi Dave,

I'll look them up. There are two places here in town that provide wigs to cancer patients so Jess and I are going to go there first. Better do it fast. The amount that fell out yesterday is nothing short of alarming. I have a very thick head of hair but feel the difference already.

And to be honest I'm okay with it. Just want to be prepared. If I didn't have to go to work, I wouldn't be worried about my hair loss at all.